We've all been there. You're at the pool, jamming out to your favorite tunes, when suddenly your phone slips out of your hand and into the water. Or maybe you're taking a shower and singing your heart out, and you realize too late that your speaker isn't waterproof. Either way, it's a bummer. But how much water can these little devices actually take before they give up the ghost? Let's find out.
Most Bluetooth speakers will have an IPX rating somewhere on the box or in the product description. This stands for "ingress protection" and is basically a measure of how well the speaker can withstand water and dust. The number after the "X" will range from 0 to 8, with 8 being the most resistant. Here's a quick rundown of what each rating means:
• IPX0: No protection against water or dust. Avoid using this speaker near any liquids!
• IPX1: Some protection against dripping water. OK to use near things like faucets or rain, but don't dunk it in a puddle.
• IPX2: Protection against drips from a slanted angle. Can be used in light rain, but avoid using it in heavy downpours.
• IPX3: Protection against sprays of water from any direction. Can be used in moderate rain, but not for long periods of time.
• IPX4: Protection against splashes of water from any direction. Perfect for use around the pool or in the kitchen while cooking!
• IPX5: Protection against water jets from any direction. Can be used in heavy rain or during activities like kayaking or jet skiing.
• IPX6: Protection against powerful water jets from any direction. Can be used during intense activities like whitewater rafting or surfing.
• IPX7: Protection against immersion in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water for 30 minutes. Perfect for use at the beach or in the bathtub!
• IPX8: Protection against immersion in deeper waters for longer periods of time; manufacturer will specify an exact depth and duration limit. Great for swimming laps at the pool!
So there you have it! Now you know how much water your Bluetooth speaker can withstand without getting damaged. Just remember to always check the IP rating before using your speaker near any liquids, and you'll be good to go!
Stop putting up with sub-par sound quality! Whether you're listening to music by the pool or taking calls on the go, these waterproof bluetooth speakers will give you the audio experience you deserve. And at this price, there's no reason not to click the "buy" button today!